Friday, October 31, 2008

Smiling


DSC_1544, originally uploaded by Nikongirl's Photoshop.

My son, James B. McDonell, graduated from Basic Training at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri on Thursday. Can you guess which one he is? Yup, that's right - those Irish eyes are smiling. He received honors for outstanding athletic achievement in scoring a perfect 300 on his physical training test. He ran his 2 miles in 11:06. I am so very proud of him!!!



He begins training at Goodfellow Air Force Base in San Angelo, Texas on Monday for firefighter. We had to say goodbye to him this afternoon and drive back home without him. My husband and I are so proud of him and we are so happy that he seems to have found his direction. He is so looking forward to school and all that comes after serving in the Army.



No comments:

logos

Jump Jump Jumparoo!

Tina Fey and Amy Poehler: Encore

Tina Fey and Amy Poehler

Too Much Candy

My Blog Log

Visitors

free counters